Thursday, May 8, 2008

Medieval twist

Disclaimer: not a magazine shoot nor an 'emo" moment. 

What can I say? It was cold downtown so I had to 'cover-up' somehow, while attracting some sun. So yes, the whole black idea was not that bad, except I was looking a lil' too-high fashioned. haha! Needless to say, who doesn't in downtown? Seems like fashion is around every corner. I mean just check out Robson or Granville! Oh how I wished, I could take a few snapshots of people with their ingenious and unique styles. Hmm, street fashion for the next post perhaps? 

Anyways, while strolling around with my sister (in search for her grad dress), we passed by an old church. Ignoring the passerbys and cars, I had the sudden urge to take some pictures with my outfit.  And within two shots (yes two) my sister managed to capture the essence of 'medieval vogue?' with a modern twist. All I say is, I can't stop looking at it! It gives me the 'cheeells'. Great job sistah!

pose' 1


pretending to look at the church hours, so passerbys will stop staring. ;p

pose 2

passerbys gone = great shot =)

Outfit breakdown:
Black 'trench' Jacket $60 saleprice (Billabong)
Side purse $ 3 (value village)
Leggings $15 (Aritzia)
Ankle-high boots $2.50 DEAL! (value village) 

ps: grad-dress shopping in downtown was unsuccesful. I've been told to try NewWestminster Quay. We'll see how that goes... Until next time!

2 comments:

Rach said...

you gals r so creative & funny! i guess if u just have patience to check out thrift stores, u can find some good clothing for dirt cheap eh? good idea!!! i think i'll try that....ac inspired talaga...

Ate Rach

A & C said...

yay our first comment!

thanks ;p
lol!